Ten things to consider while choosing a flight school
Selecting the right flight school can be a tedious task. With multiple aspects to consider and a dearth of experience, aspirants often get confused while making their choice. A flight academy can make or break your training.
The academy you choose should depend on multiple factors. Here is a list of things to consider while choosing the right school:
- Ground and Flight Instructors – One of the most important aspects of training for a Commercial Pilots License (CPL) is an instructor. It’s always better to choose schools with experienced trainers in ground and flight classes. Your flight instructors shouldn’t be just experienced but also passionate and dedicated to the training process.
- Training Curriculum and Aircraft – Always understand the course of training and the aircraft you will be training at. Look for modern, well-maintained and up-to-date airplanes. Always ensure that the flight school has more than a single plane (airplane to student ratio) and there are no gaps in your training module.
- Location and Training Environment – Choosing the right location and a good training environment that suits your needs is one of the key decisions while selecting a flight school. You should always look for the following in this regard:
- Previous track record of the flight school
- The school should have its own training facility
- They should have a team of experienced instructors
- Fixed training program and well-maintained aircraft
- Your Budget and the Cost Involved – People usually tend to make their decisions based on the cost. Different flight schools have different packages based on your training requirements. As an aspirant, you should always inquire what is included in their fee. You should also check for the registration fee, visa processing charges and license conversion fee.
- DGCA Approved – Always check if your flight school follows DGCA approved ground and flight training curriculum. If you are completing your flight hours abroad, then make sure that the school assists you in converting your licenses when you are back to India.
- Ratings & Reviews – It’s always better to select a flying institute with a good reputation and positive reviews. Both the school and the trainers should be experienced and welcome the cadets with a positive attitude. You can either check Google Reviews or directly ask the school to share their success stories.
- Assistance throughout the process – Sometimes the process of getting a pilot’s license can be confusing. Make sure your school makes it easy for you. Check if they assist in Exam-related Registrations, Job/Placement, Visa Processing, License Conversion and more.
- Weather – As per VFR (Visual Flight Rules), you are only allowed to train in visual meteorological conditions (VMC). While choosing a flight school, you should always ensure that the location will be free of dense clouds, heavy rains, low visibility or any other adverse weather condition during your flight training.
- School’s policy – Understand your training institutes’ policy and clear all the doubts in advance. You should particularly look for conditions like payment instalments, medical aid, course cancellation in case of emergency/health-related issues, etc.
- Unique Offers – While contacting multiple flight schools, you should also look for unique offers like discounts, visa processing, etc. in their training package and then select the one that suits your requirements.
We hope this article was helpful. If any of the above career options caught your attention, feel free to contact ILS9 Aviation Inc. at www.ils9aviation.com. We would love to help you take the next step.